During your hearing aid consultation (needs assessment) we the spend time getting to understand your specific hearing issues and the challenges that you want to solve. Next, we design a solution that is personalised to you. We record specifically the areas that you want to improve so that we can check that we have achieved them by the end of the trial.
To choose the right hearing aids for you, we take into account your:
- Hearing loss and other
- Lifestyle and your hearing needs
- Preferences, i.e. what the hearing aid will look like or specific functionality
- Funding – you may be eligible for funding from a government agency
- Your budget – we will find a solution at a price level you feel comfortable.
We match the best hearing aids for your needs by finding out about the listening environments you are in, where you are having the most hearing difficulty hearing, as well as your preferences like for what the hearing aid will look like or the functionality you prefer. As an independent hearing aid clinic, we can choose from all the brands available in New Zealand to find the hearing aids we believe are best suited to you. For example, some clients prefer their hearing aids to function automatically with no need for adjustment; others would like more control or connectivity to other devices like the phone, TV and or an external microphone.
During your consultation, we will clearly explain the hearing aid fitting and follow up procedure, so you feel informed about the whole process.
Before we can begin your hearing aid consultation, we need a recent hearing test (last 12 months). If you have one, please bring it along, if not we will test your hearing before we begin.
At your appointment
- We set aside an hour for a hearing aid consultation at Auckland Hearing; it is free of charge. Please bring along your recent hearing test.
- If you need a hearing assessment first, we will set aside 90 minutes.
- At this appointment, we usually give you an opportunity to listen through hearing aids and even have a coffee in the cafe next door while wearing them if you have time.
- Bring along a friend or family member. This is helpful because we will cover a lot of information about your hearing and possible hearing solutions. It is good to have a second pair of ears, as well as someone to talk it through afterwards and help you make the right decision for you.
- A second opinion appointment (where you are currently trialling hearing aid with another clinic) is $120, and this will be refunded if you choose to have hearing aids fitted with us.
Hearing aid evaluations (of your current hearing aids)
Hearing aid adjustment/reprogramming
Have you stopped wearing your hearing aids and feel you need to start again? Or is the sound not quite right for you? Are your hearing aids whistling? We can most likely put you back on track.
We will assess how your hearing aids are working and optimise (adjust and reprogram) them for your current hearing levels. We will make you new ear moulds if needed.
Hearing aid repairs
We also do hearing aid repairs. If we can not fix it in the clinic, we can send it off to the supplier for repair on your behalf.
Before we can evaluate how your hearing aids are working for you, we need a recent full hearing test is required – last 12 months. If you have one, please bring it along, if not we will test your hearing before we begin.
- A hearing aid adjustment will take 30 minutes.
- A hearing aid adjustment and hearing test together will take 1 hour.