Maree O’Sullivan – Your Independent Audiologist in Auckland
B.Sc, M.Aud (Hons) CCC, MNZAS
Maree O’Sullivan is an independent Audiologist working in her privately owned clinic in Ellerslie. Her focus is assisting adults with hearing loss, to improve their communication with family, friends and colleagues.
After the hearing test, Maree will clearly communicate your hearing results to you as well as your next steps, as required. These may include hearing or tinnitus management strategies, the trial of hearing devices or referral to another professional if needed.
If you are interested in trialing hearing devices, we usually set aside time for you to have a listen in the clinic, so you can experience for yourself the benefits of hearing through hearing aids.
Maree O’Sullivan (previously Maree Harper) has been working as an Audiologist in Auckland (mostly) for more than 20 years. She has worked in a variety of roles and work environments, including:
- Tertiary referral clinics (Australia and the UK), assessing adults and children with (sometimes) unusual hearing pathologies
- Looking after the clinical training of students in the Masters of Audiology program at the University of Auckland at the Tamaki campus
- For hearing aid manufacturers in both sales and general manger roles
- For private hearing companies, both listed companies and independently owned
- Hospital Audiology clinics including Starship, North Shore and Waitakere
- Recent work has a locum Audiologist has included working in clinics in Auckland and around New Zealand, mostly with adults with hearing aids. See her LinkedIn profile for more details.
Maree has the experience to accurately assess your hearing, spend time finding out about your hearing challenges and personalise a solution to best meet your needs.
A lot of attention given to the details…
I’ve had serious hearing loss for many years and have just got my third pair of hearing aids – this time from Auckland Hearing. I had been advised to try an independent audiology clinic instead of the bigger business that I had been going to before and I was delighted with the service provided by Audiologist Maree O’Sullivan. The procedure was easy for me with clear explanations given of technical matters and a lot of attention given to the details. I now have an excellent pair of hearing aids that are properly adjusted and work well. I have no hesitation in recommending Auckland Hearing.
John Walrond, Mt Eden
New Zealand Audiological Society (NZAS)
Maree has been a Full Member of the New Zealand Audiological Society (MNZAS) since completing the her Clinical Certificate of Competence (CCC) in 1997.
The letters NMZAS CCC when signed next to an Audiologists name means they have met strict clinical requirements and must continue up skilling and training to remain a member.
Please see the New Zealand Audiological Society website for more details about the benefits of seeing an NZAS Audiologist.
On a personal level
Maree lives in Ellerslie with her husband and twin boys. Maree is the owner / operator of Auckland Hearing.
Our clinic co-ordingator Anna also lives in Ellerslie with her family.