Continuing Education

Continuing Education – Always learning at Auckland Hearing

To work as an Audiologist in New Zealand, a Masters Degree, usually in Audiology and a clinical certificate of competence (CCC) is required. Students in New Zealand can study for their Master’s Degree in Audiology at the University of Auckland and Canterbury University. The programs are two years and include a significant practical clinical component. Some Audiologists in New Zealand got their Masters Degree overseas.

Continuing education is about learning, then learning some more…

Graduates then embark on a 1 -2 year CCC process (clinic certificate of competence), so they can become a full member of the New Zealand Audiological Society (MNZAS). Having clear clinical standards to qualify for a CCC means people in our profession are well qualified to look after the hearing needs of New Zealanders.

In all areas of science, research continues at a fast pace.

In Audiology, we have hearing science, clinical research and fast-changing technology which is always improving. We need to do a considerable amount of continued learning to keep pace with the latest findings. Keeping up, so we can meet the needs of our clients with up to date methods and technology.

To remain a full member of the New Zealand Audiological Society Audiologists must earn continuing education points every year by attending or participating in conferences, seminars, doing online courses or contributing to the running of the Society.